Mahalo for your Support and Votes District 2!
"District 2, Puna and Kaʻū Could Feed Hawaii." -Smiley Burrows
Building New Opportunities
Caring for the Land & People
Aloha, I Am Smiley Burrows.
As a Hawaii resident since 1995, mother of 6 children and caretaker/owner of Kapoho Crater I have learned a lot about getting things done in District 2.
I'm asking for your Vote for Hawaii State Senator DISTRICT 2, PUNA AND KAʻŪ.
Intent on Community Connectivity and Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Prioritizing sustainable, organic farming and promoting the introduction to Cannabis and Hemp for restoration of agricultural lands.
- Supporting Eruption Recovery, founding Imua Lower Puna, a coalition of all Lower Puna lava inundated communities, bringing the voice of the community together restoring our road infrastructure and Pohoiki Boat Harbor.
- Embracing Agricultural Parks for Puna and jobs related to environmental security,reducing the needs of exported food by creating village hub centers integrating ranching and farm to table industry as well as farm to school initiatives.
- Supporting alternative energy solutions that include solar farms and off grid solutions that stop our reliance on petroleum.
- Supporting affordable housing solutions and tiny home parks for homelessness that include education and human services for health and addiction.
- Hawaiian rights advocate, getting Hawaiians housed in Hawaiian Homelands and intertwining Hawaiian Cultural knowledge into the lives of all residents to learn important knowledge and sustainable actions from our stars to the ocean.
- Supporting green waste programs in Puna, not only depending on government program funding, but creating entrepreneurial thinking and economics from Puna to Kau.